With my last post addressing a recipe for when you’re at a campground this post will be a similar theme. I will breakdown a fun, old game that always seems to come up while sitting around a fire on a hot summer night: The Camping Game.
The camping game isn’t hard and just about anyone of any age can play it. Here are some of the main things to keep in mind while playing it:
- Must be sitting around a fire
- Multiple people must be playing (the more the merrier!)
- Creativity is key!
Other than these three things there really isn’t much that you need to play this game. So let me dive into the actual game play.
- You need at least two people who already know how to play the game.
- Play begins by one person saying “I’M GOING ON A CAMPING TRIP AND I’M GOING
TO BRING…(at this point the person talking picks anything s/he would like
to bring on the trip. Let’s use a sleeping bag as an example) A SLEEPING
BAG”. The next person says “I’M GOING CAMPING AND I’M GOING TO
BRING…(at this point the person talking picks anything s/he would like to
bring on the trip, but it must begin with the letter “C”, since the first
letter of the word camping is “C”.
- For example let’s say the second person wanted to bring a “Cat” they can bring that so everyone says “OKAY YOU CAN BRING THAT CAMPING”.
- Now say the third person hasn’t caught on to the game yet and says, “I’M GOING CAMPING AND I’M GOING TO BRING A TENT”.
- Everyone should say, “NO, YOU CAN’T BRING A TENT” and play continues to the next player until everyone has caught onto the game.
- The key is to make sure everyone is spelling the word “CAMPING” correctly.
Here’s a quick example of 4 people playing.
- Me: I’m going camping and I’m going to bring a cat.
- Player 2 (preferably knows how to play the game): I’m going camping and I’m going to bring a canary.
- Player 3: I’m going camping and I’m going to bring a tent.
- Everyone says: No you can’t bring a tent!
Then it goes back to the first player.
- Me: I’m going camping and I’m bringing a cat and an apple.
- Player 2: I’m going camping and I’m going to bring a canary and an architect.
- Player 3: I’m going camping and I’m going to bring a sleeping bag.
- Everyone says: No you can’t bring a sleeping bag!
Final tips and rules:
- Do this until everyone catches on.
- Remember to repeat what you said the last round.
- Be creative on what you’re bringing camping!
- Try to get as many people playing as possible.
- Make sure at least one person in your group knows how to play.
Overall, this is the general guide on how to play this game. It’ll be a really fun game anytime you’re sitting around a fire at a campground with other like minded people. Enjoy the game and share it with others so they can enjoy it as well!